Friday, August 26, 2011

The Spiritual power of a pedicure

I don't know if it was the massaging chair, the warm water, the lower leg and foot massage or the pretty flower painted on the nail of each big toe...somewhere during this evening's pedicure I began to breathe more slowly, felt my shoulders relax, halted my racing mind and experienced each moment of time as my friend Cindy and I allowed ourselves to transcend into a state of calm and relaxation.
I am serious when I say I experienced something spiritual during that pedicure.  I have come away from it with a sense of serenity (deeper than relaxation).  This night I am living testimony to the benefits of self-care and have never felt it's benefits more acutely!
Thanks again to Cindy for encouraging me to get out for a little "girl time" and to be good to myself.

1 comment:

  1. I think sometimes we just need a little help to slow down. When we do, we can go back to surrendering and trusting God. Feels so good and serene to not have to figure it out and carry it on our own doesn't it?! I should go get a pedicure....

    ReplyDelete