Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Chocolate is a Food Group

Well, I've done it, and it isn't pretty…not only because I'm not an artist but because of what I've discovered I'm eating.  I had to put chocolate as it's own specific food group (you always knew it was a food group anyway!) because of how often I eat it.  And to be honest, I could have left "sweets" as it's own category as well on an almost daily basis.  I told you it was "yikes", didn't I?  


I can't say that I was really shocked when I discovered these things about my eating habits, but as I am about to post them for the world to see I will say I am a little shy about it.  Maybe it's the reminder of the pledge of full disclosure I've taken or the mere fact that is startling to see my diet drawn up in such a way that makes this post so uncomfortable.

Post script:  This blog post was started about 4 days ago when I came down with the flu and bronchitis.  Since getting sick my diet has consisted of soup, tea, water and toast with butter and homemade grape jam.  There has been some ice cream (for medicinal purposes-coats the throat, you know), and yes, the occasional piece of dark chocolate (thank God it wasn't the stomach flu!).
I look forward to continuing this journey now that I am well and have the energy to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment